My old high school friend Brian Risch posted this awesome quiz. While I love burgers, I'm clearly still a newbie in Brian's world, only scoring in the "Working up the burger food chain" category. What's your score?
[Thanks, Brian! -- BTW, it's worth checking out Brian's site. He's always been an interesting guy -- Materials Science PhD, competitive power lifter, hunter, and general crazy dude.]
How Well Do You Know Your Burger ?
- You have consumed a burger with two or more patties (1 point)
- You have consumed a burger with cheese on it (1 point)
- You have consumed a burger with an egg on it (2 points)
- You have consumed a burger with pork products on or in it (bacon, sausage, etc.) (1 point)
- You prefer to cook your own burgers. (1 point)
- You use fire (1 point)
- The fire department has been called when you were cooking burgers (2 points)
- They stayed for the burgers (3 points)
- You have a burger “recipe” (1 point)
- You have more than 6 burger “recipes” (3 points)
- You have had family arguments about what burger “recipe” you would be making (2 points)
- You have at least three distinct recipes for “cheeseburgers” that require specific cheeses (i.e. bleu cheese burger, jalapeño Jack burger, cheddar burger, gouda burger, etc.) (2 points)
- You have made a trip to the store because you did not have the specific type of cheese required for your burger (1 point)
- One or more of your burger “recipes” includes exotic meat such as buffalo, elk, venison, moose, or mutton (3 points)
- You know what mutton is (1 point)
- You know where to get buffalo, elk, venison, moose, or mutton (1 point)
- You own your own meat grinder (2 points)
- You use it to make your favorite burger (3 points)
- You do not know where your burger meat comes from other than “the restaurant” or “the supermarket”(-1 point)
- Your favorite burger is made of soy, tofu, or some other non-meat product. (-5 points)
- You do not know what meat your burger is made of (-3 points)
- You know the woods or pasture where your burger came from (3 points)
- You harvested the meat for your burger yourself (5 points)
- You know who butchered your meat (2 points)
- You butchered your meat yourself (5 points)
- You prefer a nice cold beer as your beverage of choice to wash your burger down (1 point)
- You make your own beer (2 points)
- Catsup, pickles, and onions are the only toppings you have on your burger. (-1 point)
- The name of one of your favorite burger toppings includes the word “devil”, “fire”, “flaming”, “hell”, or “insanity”. (2 points)
- To get “just the right taste” you make your own “special sauce” including at least one ingredient that includes the word “devil”, “fire”, “flaming”, “hell”, or “insanity”. (3 points)
- One or more of your burger toppings comes with a warning label. (2 points)
- You have consumed burgers made from at least 3 classes of animals (i.e. bird, fish, mammal, reptile) (3 points)
More than 40 points: You are hardcore.
30 to 40 points: Master burger chef
20 to 30 points: Good healthy meatatarian.
10 to 20 points: Working up the burger food chain
5 to 10 points: Burger “newbie”
< 5 points: What’s the use, go vegetarian.