When you order a steak in China (typically at a Western steak house), they will often not understand what you mean by "medium-rare", etc. Aside from the language issues, they use a different , numerically based system here.
- Very red and cool center == #3: 三成(sān chéng)－肉很红且凉
- Red, warm center == #4: 四成(sì chéng)－肉红，中心温热
- Pink center == #5: 五成(wǔ chéng)－中心粉红色
- Slightly pink center == #7 七成(qī chéng)－浅粉红色 (I presume #6 is between Medium and Medium well)
- Cooked throughout == 全熟(quán shú)－全部烤熟，无粉红色